Prevention not Prediction? A preliminary evaluation of the Metropolitan Police Domestic Violence Risk Assessment Model (SPECSS)
This is the final report that explores the findings from an evaluation of the domestic violence risk assessment process piloted by the police in London and West Yorkshire.
The project evaluated the effect of the ACPO risk assessment model by assessing whether it;
- Complies with the ACPO guidelines;
- Addresses victims needs in terms of risk;
- Compliments safety planning;
- Can be managed with police force limitations;
- Can be applied irrespective of geography, community or policing variables.
See Project: ACPO Risk Assessment Evaluation and click on 2005
Available from: Centre for the Study of Safety and Wellbeing, University of Warwick (and CWASU)