Fertile Fields: Trafficking in Persons in Central Asia
This report is the result of a survey conducted for the International Organistion on Migration (IOM). The survey collected data on trafficking to and from the five Central Asian Republics: Kazakhstan, Krygyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
The report explores;
- Definitions of trafficking, in particular UN definitions;
- The extent and organisation of trafficking in Central Asia
- Estimating the scale of trafficking in the region;
- The links between labour migration and trafficking in persons;
- Responses to trafficking;
- Social, economic and political contexts in which trafficking occurs;
- Recommendations on counter-trafficking activities.
See Project: Survey of Trafficking in Persons in Central Asia