Briefing document on strategic approaches to addressing violence against women
This work involved locating countries with a national strategy or Plan of Action for addressing violence against women, and canvassing the views of those in the women’s NGO sector and in government about their effectiveness in dealing with this issue.
The document examines:
- UK policy development on violence against women;
- Examples of national strategies or Plans of Action which have been implemented or are under development;
- Plans of Action in the context of the advancement of women and gender equality;
- Strategies and Plans of Action in practice;
- How inclusive the current strategies and plans are;
- Positive impacts and the limitations of a national strategy or Plan of Action.
See Project; National Violence Against Women Strategies.
Currently an internal document for Amnesty International.